Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ladurée (Dubai Mall)

LaduréeFrench tea salon, is internationally known for their macaroons. They have boutiques across the world: United Kingdom, Australia, Bulgaria, Lebanon, Indonesia, China, United States, etc. Surprisingly there isn't one in Canada.

When we found out they had one in Dubai Mall, we knew we had to go. It's located on the first floor of Dubai Mall. You have a choice to sit inside or outside of the boutique. We sat inside. It was more quiet there.
You can find more pictures on my website


Macaroons (12 AED each)



Their Classical Collectionc of macaroons consists of the following flavors: 

Vanilla

Coffee
Chocolate
Pistachio
Soft Salted Caramel
Rose Petal
Rasberry
Liquorice
Coconut
Orange Blossom



Aside from macaroons, they have selection of teas and cakes. Other items include french toast, lemonade, hot chocolate, etc.

What I ordered:
  • 2 macaroons (pistachio & coffee)
  • Tea (Thé à la Rose: Black China & Ceylon Tea with aromas & rose petals)
  • Lemonade
What my sister ordered:
  • 2 macaroons (pistachio & coconut)
  • Tea (Thé au Jasmin Yin Hao: Green Tea with fresh flowers from Yin Hao great garden)
  • Lemonade
  • Bottle of Water
I personally found the taste of the macaroons was much similar to the ones I normally get from Montreal. However, they were still were good and totally worth the price.

As for the tea, the rose petal flavor was a little overwhelming for me. I really didn't like it to the point that I stopped drinking it. My sister, on the other hand, enjoyed her tea. She poured me some and I liked it as well. I regret not taking it. It's always a risk to try something new (you might end up liking it or hating it). 

After awhile, we got lemonade. I'm glad we got it. It was refreshing. 

Overall Experience

We had a great time. Our waiter was nice and the service was good. We paid about 198 AED excluding tips (around $55). I will definitely go back there and try out their other menu items but stick to jasmine tea..


No comments:

Post a Comment